Looking for a simple and inexpensive DIY? We found this idea for “galaxy bottles” on Pinterest.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- An empty Snapple bottle (or any clear bottle)
- Cotton balls
- Blue food coloring
- Star/moon sprinkles (optional)
We kind of just “swung it wung it” for this craft and I can’t remember the exact order in which I made my galaxy bottle, but here’s a guess:
- Fill your bottle about 3/4 of the way up with water.
- Insert LOADS of cotton balls. (You may need to pour some of the water out in order to fit a lot of cotton balls.)
- Add MANY drops of food coloring to the bottle.
- Add glitter to the bottle.
- Twist the cap back on the bottle and shake it. You may want to let it sit for a little bit, or add some of the above materials
- TADA!!! Feel free to add stars or moons or other shapes to your galaxy bottle.
Let us know what you think of the galaxy bottles and what DIYs we should try next in the comments.
“Real Fact” #1406: The vertical distance between the Earth’s highest and lowest points is about 12 miles.